Extended Warranty - For Electronic Products
Gain City Extended Warranty Terms & Conditions (For All Products except air-conditioners)
This Extended Warranty Service Contract (the “Contract”) is offered by Gain City Best-Electric Pte Ltd (“Gain City”). The words “we,” “us” and “our” refer to Gain City and “you” and “your”, the purchaser of this Contract. Your rights and obligations under this Contract become operative from the date of expiry of the manufacturer’s original warranty in relation to the product which you have purchased (the “Product”) and may continue for up to three (3) years (in relation to IT Products) and six (6) years (in relation to non-IT Products) respectively, when aggregated with the term of the manufacturer’s original warranty, (based on your selection in the sales receipt and subject to the terms of the type of plan (described below) which you have selected).This Contract must be made within 30 days from the date of Product purchase or delivery (whichever is later) as stated in the sales receipt.
“IT Products” means PCs, computers, laptops, mobiles and tablets.
The coverage is limited to mechanical and electrical defects and applies to repairs and replacements done in Singapore while the Product is being used in Singapore, unless specifically covered in the Contract.
There are two types of warranty plans: (i) the Basic Plan and (ii) Premium Plan, terms of which are summarized below:
|Plan / Description||Basic Plan||Premium Plan|
|Category||Television, Refrigerators, Washers, Dryers, Others, PC & Laptops and Mobile & Tablets||Television, Refrigerators, Washers, Dryers, Others||PC & Laptops||Mobile & Tablets|
|Coverage Type||Mechanical & Electrical defects|
|Accidental Damage Coverage Type||N.A.||1 time Accidental Damage claim due to Impact Damage, Liquid Damage or Screen Damage||1 time Accidental Damage claim for Screen Damage|
|Accidental Damage Coverage Period||N.A.||12 months from date of purchase or delivery date(whichever is later)|
|Power Surge Coverage||N.A.||1 time claim due to Power Surge|
|Power Surge Coverage Period||N.A.||12 months from date of purchase or delivery date(whichever is later)|
|Repair Limits||Up to Product purchase price in aggregate||Up to Product purchase price per repair|
|Repair Excess||First SGD50 or 30% of the repair cost incurred(inclusive of spare parts), whichever is higher||N.A.|
(if beyond economical repair)
(up to Product purchase price minus repair costs incurred, if any)
(1st time up to Product purchase price)(2nd time up to 50% of Product purchase price)
|Replacement Deductible||First SGD50 or 30% of the Product purchase price (as stated in the sales receipt), whichever is higher||Applicable for 2nd time replacement
(50% of Product purchase price)
|Replacement Type||Like for like New product|
|Food deterioration and spoilage
(refrigerators / freezers)
|N.A.||Up to SGD250
(maximum of one claim per Contract year)
(Washers / dryers)
|N.A.||Up to SGD150
(if out of action for more than 10 consecutive days)
(maximum of one claim per Contract year)
|N.A.||1 time Data Recovery Service up to SGD500||1 time Data Recovery Service up to SGD200|
|Coverage Period||N.A.||12 months from date of purchase or delivery date
(whichever is later)
|Contract Termination||Upon expiry of the Contract|
|Aggregated repair costs have exceeded the Product purchase price||N.A.|
|Upon replacement of the Product if beyond economical repair||Upon 2nd replacement of the Product if beyond economical repair|
|Upon written notice of termination of this Contract within 30 days of original purchase of this Contract|
|Area of Coverage||Singapore|
1)Basic Plan Coverage
The total coverage under the Basic Plan shall not exceed the purchase price of the Product and this shall apply on a cumulative/aggregated basis on all repairs and/or replacement of the Product throughout the term of this Contract.
For each repair or replacement of the Product, you will pay a deductible of either (i) the first SGD$50 or (ii) 30% of the repair costs incurred or the Product purchase price (as stated in the sales receipt), whichever is the higher.
If the original Product is replaced under the Basic Plan, this Contract will cease from the replacement date.
2)Premium Plan Coverage
All repairs to the Product are covered under the Premium Plan so long as the costs of each repair shall not exceed the purchase price of the Product. Similarly, the cost of the first replacement product shall not exceed the purchase price of the Product.
You are entitled up to two (2) replacement product under this Contract. A limit of 50% of Product purchase price shall apply for a second-time product replacement. Product repairs due to mechanical and/or electrical defects shall continue after a Product replacement and cease upon expiry of this Contract.
Food Spoilage Benefit under Premium Plan:
In the event that food is spoilt due to a defect in a refrigerator covered under this Contract, you will be reimbursed up to SGD$250 when you call the Warranty Hotline (telephone number provided below) to make a claims report. Upon accepting this complimentary food spoilage protection benefit, you will be reimbursed for the cost of such food up to SGD$250, with a maximum of one claim per Contract year, provided that the food spoilage has been verified and inspected within two (2) working days by our authorized repairer and properly documented.
Food receipts and certificate issued by our authorized repairer will be required if you claim for the food spoilage protection benefit due to a defect in a refrigerator covered under this Contract.
Laundry Reimbursement Benefit under Premium Plan:
In the event that your washing machine as a result of a mechanical or electrical failure of the Product, is out of service for more than 10 consecutive days from the time our authorized repairer attends to the covered Product, you will be reimbursed up to SGD$150 for laundering services, with a maximum of one claim per Contract year under this Contract.
Laundering receipts will be required if you claim for the laundry reimbursement benefit due to a defect in a washing machine covered under this Contract.
Accidental Damage Benefit (Laptops/Desktops) under Premium Plan:
Accidental Damage benefit applies to defects of your laptop or desktop due to accidental physical impact, spillage of liquids or cracked screen affecting functionality of the Product. This benefit will commence from your purchase date or delivery date and expire 12 months from such date of purchase or delivery or upon termination of the Contract (whichever is earlier). You are only entitled to make one repair claim for liquid damage, screen crack or impact damage. This benefit does not include damage due to your negligence, omission or default in your use or care of the Product.
Accidental Screen Damage Benefit (Mobile/Tablets) under Premium Plan:
If you purchase the Services under the Premium Plan for Mobiles/Tablets, you are entitled to the following Accidental Damage benefits:
- You are entitled to make one (1) claim for Screen Damage under Accidental Damage.
- Accidental Screen Damage coverage will be effective from the product purchased or delivery date (whichever is the later) until the expiry of twelfth (12) months from effective date, as the case may be.
- Claims in relation to Accidental Damage must be submitted to us within two working days of the incident causing the Accidental Damage.
Data Recovery Benefit under Premium Plan:
If you purchase the Services under the Premium Plan for Mobiles/Tablets or PC/Laptops, you are entitled to the following Data Recovery benefits:
- You are entitled to make one (1) claim for Data Recovery of your covered Product, limited to SGD$500 for PC/Laptops and SGD$200 for Mobiles/Tablets.
- Data Recovery coverage will be effective from the product purchased or delivery date (whichever is the later) until the expiry of twelfth (12) months from effective date, as the case may be.
Power Surge Benefit under Premium Plan:
In the event your Product is determined to be defective as a result of damage from a power surge event, you are entitled to following benefits:
- You are entitled to make one (1) claim for Power Surge of your covered Product.
- Power Surge coverage will be effective from the product purchased or delivery date (whichever is the later) until the expiry of twelfth (12) months from effective date, as the case may be.
The Terms and Conditions set out below shall apply to all Warranty plans:
We have the sole option to repair or replace your Product with like kind, quality and specifications. In the event that it is more economical to replace your Product instead of repairing it, the original Product shall be replaced (subject to the limits set out in the relevant warranty plan) with a similar product. Due to advances in technology, the replacement product may be of lower retail value than the original Product. Replacement parts may be original or non-original manufacturer's parts that conform to factory specifications and shall be determined at our sole discretion.
On-site repair at your home by our authorized repairer is available in relation to non-movable Products. Repair of IT Products is via drop-off at any of our authorized repairers for IT Products.
Any repair and/or service by unauthorized repairer will render this Contract to be null and void. Any failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions on installation, operation or maintenance will render this Contract to be null and void.
Coverage will not, under any circumstances, extend to any loss or injury to a person or loss or damage to property or any incidental, contingent, special or any direct or indirect loss and consequential damages including but not limited to losses incurred due to any delay in rendering service related to this Contract and loss of use during the period that your Product is at an authorized repairer and/or while awaiting for replacement parts to arrive.
Exclusions from Coverage
- Air conditioners are not covered by this extended warranty.
- At the time of purchasing this Contract, the Service Contract Holder was aware of something that could give rise to making a claim under this Contract.
- Products that are still covered by the manufacturer’s original written warranty, repairer’s warranty, or any other warranty in effect.
- Any defects that are subject to the manufacturer’s recall.
- Defects and on-site service charges not covered under the manufacturer's original written warranty, unless otherwise stated as covered above.
- Call out charges where the authorized repair agent is unable to find a fault in the Product.
- Any claims whereby, a failure to follow the manufacturer’s recommended routine maintenance, inspection, cleaning, lubrication, external adjustments, installation, operation or any other instructions to the customer has been determined.
- Non-operating and cosmetic items, paint, color, or Product finish; accessories used in or with the Product; external cables, power adaptors and cords; glass and lens; add-on options incorporated.
- Unauthorized modifications made to the Product; altered serial numbers; repairs performed by a non-authorized repairer.
- Software (including operating system and any stored data), defects resulting directly from software installation and/or removal, computer virus, virus prevention, and other peripherals. You are responsible for backing up all software and data prior to any repair.
- Repairs to hardware that has been added after the Product’s original purchase.
- Consumables including but not limited to batteries, bulbs, compact discs, digital tapes, stylus, toner ink cartridge and vacuum belts.
- Screen burn caused by channel logos or other static images.
- External faults such as rust, wiring, electrical connection or plumbing, piping, fitting, realigning of signal receivers (poor reception), and consequential loss of any kind.
- Repairs necessitated by improper maintenance, accidental, intentional physical damage, damage by sand or water, unless otherwise expressly covered under the Premium Plan in accordance with this Contract.
- Burglary, theft, normal wear and tear, scratching, chewing, spilled liquids, corrosion, animal and insect infestation, fungi, wet or dry rot, or bacteria, misuse, neglect and abuse, unless otherwise expressly covered under the Premium Plan in accordance with this Contract.
- Failure caused by a voltage converter and /or applying incorrect voltage to the Product.
- Any diagnosis where no defect has been found or noted.
- Shipping charges, express service charges, transportation damage, removal, installation or reinstallation of the Product.
- Commercial use (multi-user organizations), public rental, use for profit or communal use for multi-family housing.
- Any loss or damage to the Product resulting from an act of God including but not limited to natural disaster, fire, flood, war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations, civil war, civil commotion.
- Water leakage due to blockage of drainpipe under normal use.
- Foreign object damage.
- Repairs to loudspeaker drive units when, in the opinion of the manufacturers, such damage has been caused by overdriving and / or clipping distortion.
- The cost of modifying any cupboards or storage units and work surface where the Product is built in which have become obsolete upon provision to you of a replacement product.
- Loss, destruction or damage directly occasioned by pressure waves caused by aircraft and other aerial devices travelling at supersonic speeds.
- Damage due to power surges, unless otherwise expressly covered under the Premium Plan in accordance with this Contract).
- Deterioration or spoilage of any food stored due to defect of a refrigerator, unless otherwise expressly covered under the Premium Plan in accordance with this Contract.
- Free gift(s) given with the Product.
- Accidental or intentional physical damage and damage by water unless specifically covered in the Contract.
This Contract shall immediately cease and become void if the Product is found to have been tampered, modified, the serial number defaced or removed or repaired by an unauthorized repairer.
When Product failure occurs due to electrical or mechanical defects, please call the Extended Warranty (General) Hotline at 6438-1212 (“Warranty Hotline”) to report the failure. This Warranty Hotline is available 24/7, including Weekends and Public Holidays. Our experienced customer service representatives are ready to guide you through the service process. To expedite service, please ensure that you have the details of your contract readily available before placing the call. If the Product failure is not reported to us prior to repair/replacement, the repair/replacement cost will not be approved.
To validate coverage, please ensure you keep all the proof of purchase, such as sales receipts.
Transfer of Warranty to Second Owner:
If you sell or transfer your Product to another consumer within the warranty period, you must call the Warranty Hotline within 14 days from the date of the sale or transfer of the Product to another consumer, in order to transfer this Contract. It is also important for you call the Hotline and report your new address in the event you change your residential address and take the Product(s) with you.
This Contract will terminate automatically: (i) upon expiry of the term of this Contract, (ii) when repair costs have exceeded the Product purchase price (under the Basic Plan), (iii) upon replacement of the Product if beyond economical repair (under the Basic Plan) or (iv) upon the second replacement of the Product if beyond economical repair (under the Premium Plan) or (v) upon written notification of termination of this Contract within 30 days of original purchase of this Contract, whichever is the earlier.
This Contract is not an insurance policy or guarantee; it is a service contract. This Contract is not a guarantee or promise relating to the nature of the material, workmanship or performance of your Product covered by this Contract. Nevertheless, notwithstanding that the Contract is in force, you are required to utilize the original manufacturer's warranty if it is still valid.
For contract verification purposes, you may be required by our customer service representative to present your Contract to expedite the service of your Product. As such, we recommend that you place these documents in a safe place.
This new set of Terms and Conditions will replace the previous version that became effective or becomes effective on or before 29 February 2020, and will apply to all Extended Warranty plan contracts sold by Gain City from 1 March 2020 onwards.