EXTENDED WARRANTY - FOR AIRCON
For More information, Please contact 6222 1212
Gain City Extended Warranty Terms & Conditions For Air-conditioners
This Extended Warranty Service Contract (the "Contract") is offered by Gain City Best-Electric Pte Ltd (“Gain City”). The words “we,” “us” and “our” refer to Gain City and “you” and “your”, the purchaser of this Contract. Your rights and obligations under this Contract become operative from the date of expiry of the manufacturer’s original warranty in relation to the product which you have purchased (the "Product") and may continue for up to five (5) years, when aggregated with the term of the manufacturer's original warranty, (based on your selection in the sales receipt and subject to the terms of the type of plan (described below) which you have selected).This Contract must be made within 30 days from the date of Product purchase or delivery (whichever is later) as stated in the sales receipt.
The coverage is limited to mechanical and electrical defects and applies to repairs and replacements done in Singapore while the Product is being used in Singapore.
There are three types of warranty plans: (i) the Product Shield Plan and (ii) Essential Plan (iii) Premium Plan, terms of which are summarized below:
|Coverage||Product Shield||Essential Plan||Premium Plan|
|Maximum 5 years coverage|
|Protects against electrical and mechanical defects|
|Repairs and/or replacement (free parts, labour and transport)|
|- Repair limit||Up to product purchase price||
|- Repair excess||"Minimum of $50 or 30% of repair costs (whichever is higher), up to product purchase price"||NA||NA|
|- Replacement deductible||"Minimum of $50 or 30% of replacement costs (whichever is higher), up to product purchase price"||NA||NA|
|New product replacement (if beyond economical repair)|
|- Number of replacement||One time||One time||One time|
|- New product replacement limit||Up to product purchase price less total repair/ replacement costs, if any||Up to product purchase price||Up to product purchase price|
|- Upon expiry of contract|
|- Aggregate repair/replacement costs have exceeded limit||NA|
|- Upon replacement of product (if beyond economical repair)|
|- Upon written notice of termination of this Contract within 30 days of original purchase of the Contract|
|Like-for-like product coverage|
|Transfer of Warranty to Second Owner|
1)Product Shield Plan Coverage
The total coverage under the Product Shield Plan shall not exceed the purchase price of the Product and this shall apply on a cumulative/aggregated basis on all repairs and/or replacement of the Product throughout the term of this Contract.
For each repair or replacement of the Product, you will pay a deductible of either (i) the first SGD$50 or (ii) 30% of the repair costs incurred or the Product purchase price (as stated in the sales receipt), whichever is the higher.
2)Essential Plan Coverage
All repairs to the Product are covered under the Essential Plan so long as the total repair cost does not exceed the purchase price of the air conditioner (excluding installation charges) which is indicated in your order.
3)Premium Plan Coverage
All repairs to the Product are covered under the Premium Plan. Similarly, the cost of a one-time replacement product shall not exceed the purchase price of the Product.
The Terms and Conditions set out below shall apply to all Warranty plans:
We have the sole option to repair or replace your Product with like kind, quality and specifications. In the event that it is more economical to replace your Product instead of repairing it, the original Product shall be replaced (subject to the limits set out in the relevant warranty plan) with a similar product. Due to advances in technology, the replacement product may be of lower retail value than the original Product. If the original Product is replaced, this Contract will cease from the replacement date.
Any repair and/or service by unauthorized repairer will render this Contract to be null and void. Any failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions on installation, operation or maintenance will render this Contract to be null and void.
Coverage will not, under any circumstances, extend to any loss or injury to a person or loss or damage to property or any incidental, contingent, special or any direct or indirect loss and consequential damages including but not limited to losses incurred due to any delay in rendering service related to this Contract and loss of use during the period that your Product is at an authorized repairer and/or while awaiting for replacement parts to arrive.
Exclusions from Coverage
- Products that are still covered by the manufacturer’s original written warranty, repairer’s warranty, or any other warranty in effect.
- Any defects that are subject to the manufacturer’s recall.
- Defects and on-site service charges not covered under the manufacturer's original written warranty, unless otherwise stated as covered above.
- Call out charges where the authorized repair agent is unable to find a fault in the Product.
- Any claims whereby, a failure to follow the manufacturer’s recommended routine maintenance, inspection, cleaning, lubrication, external adjustments, installation, operation or any other instructions to the customer has been determined.
- Non-operating and cosmetic items, paint, color, or Product finish; accessories used in or with the Product; external cables and cords; glass and lens; add-on options incorporated.
- Unauthorized modifications made to the Product; altered serial numbers; repairs performed by a non-authorized repairer.
- Software (including operating system and any stored data), defects resulting directly from software installation and/or removal, computer virus, virus prevention, and other peripherals. You are responsible for backing up all software and data prior to any repair.
- Repairs to hardware that has been added after the Product’s original purchase.
- Consumables including but not limited to batteries, bulbs, compact discs, digital tapes, stylus, toner and ink cartridges.
- Screen burn caused by channel logos or other static images.
- External faults such as rust, wiring, electrical connection or plumbing, piping, fitting, realigning of signal receivers (poor reception), and consequential loss of any kind.
- Repairs necessitated by improper maintenance, accidental, intentional physical damage, damage by sand or water.
- Burglary, theft, normal wear and tear, scratching, chewing, spilled liquids, corrosion, animal and insect infestation, fungi, wet or dry rot, or bacteria, misuse, neglect and abuse.
- Failure caused by a voltage converter and /or applying incorrect voltage to the Product.
- Any diagnosis where no defect has been found or noted.
- Shipping charges, express service charges, transportation damage, removal, installation or reinstallation of the Product.
- Commercial use (multi-user organizations), public rental, use for profit or communal use for multi-family housing.
- Any loss or damage to the Product resulting from an act of God including but not limited to natural disaster, fire, flood, war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations, civil war, civil commotion.
- Water leakage due to blockage of drainpipe under normal use.
- Foreign object damage.
- Repairs to loudspeaker drive units when, in the opinion of the manufacturers, such damage has been caused by overdriving and/ or clipping distortion.
- The cost of modifying any cupboards or storage units and work surface where the Product is built in which have become obsolete upon provision to you of a replacement product.
- Loss, destruction or damage directly occasioned by pressure waves caused by aircraft and other aerial devices travelling at supersonic speeds.
- Damage due to power surges.
- Deterioration or spoilage of any food stored due to defect of a refrigerator (unless covered by the Premium Plan).
This Contract shall immediately cease and become void if the Product is found to have been tampered, modified, the serial number defaced or removed or repaired by an unauthorized repairer.
When Product failure occurs due to electrical or mechanical defects, please call the Extended Warranty Hotline at 6222-1212 to report the failure. This Warranty Hotline is available 8.30am to 10pm (Monday to Saturday), 9am to 10pm (Sunday and Public Holidays). Our experienced customer service representatives are ready to guide you through the service process. To expedite service, please ensure that you have the details of your contract readily available before placing the call. If the Product failure is not reported to us prior to repair/replacement, the repair/replacement cost will not be approved.
To validate coverage, please ensure you keep all the proof of purchase, such as sales receipts.
Transfer of Warranty to Second Owner:
If you sell or transfer your Product to another consumer within the warranty period, you must call the Warranty Hotline within 14 days from the date of the sale or transfer of the Product to another consumer, in order to transfer this Contract. It is also important to report your new address in the event you change your residential address and take the Product (s) with you.
This Contract will terminate automatically: (i) upon expiry of the term of this Contract, (ii) when repair costs have exceeded the Product purchase price (under the Product Shield Plan and Essential Extended Warranty), (iii) upon replacement of the Product if beyond economical repair or (iv) upon written notification of termination of this Contract within 30 days of original purchase of this Contract, whichever is the earlier.
This Contract is not an insurance policy or guarantee; it is a service contract. This Contract is not a guarantee or promise relating to the nature of the material, workmanship or performance of your Product covered by this Contract.
For contract verification purposes, you may be required by our customer service representative to present your Contract to expedite the service of your Product. As such, we recommend that you place these documents in a safe place.